Monday, April 10, 2017

A Short Note of the Syrian Bombings

President Trump bombed a Syrian airbase last week.

I have to admit, I was pretty angry when I first heard about it.  I’m not a fan of Assad but as far as dictators go, he appears to be competent and allows Christians to worship in a majority Muslim country.

But I’ve found out lately that the bombing had no casualties and that the airfield is still in use.  Contrast this kind of strike with President Obama who regularly supported ISIS rebels in Syria by bombing targets and actually killing people.

I don’t like what happened.  But I’m not worried that we are going to war with Russia over it.

Also when it comes to foreign policy, most people are playing chess and just because something happens in one area doesn’t mean that the action was isolated.

If you don’t understand what I mean, then consider why China and the US are deploying forces to North Korea.

Instead of Syria or Russia that is.