Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Civilized Tribalism

A few years ago, I would have told you that the individual is sovereign and that government policy should respect and reflect that.

I believe this was because I myself am a naturally extreme introvert, enjoying the songs of silence and taking solace in loneliness despite living in a two bedroom condo with a family, and so I think I was projecting my own personality traits on others.

Unfortunately this is not the case.  People, by and large, find comfort in group dynamics and communities.  I realize that now.  While someone like me can survive without human contact for extended periods of time, not many people can.

In short, people were meant to be social creatures.

In light of this realization, I have since modified my stances on various ideas to fit this epiphany I’ve had.  As such, I now view many conflicts in modern society as nothing more than a form of civilized tribalism.

When you see the black lives matters riots, it is an expression of tribal loyalty, nothing more.  Gangs are formed as a result of innate tribalism.

As such, I have nothing but contempt for the Left these days.  While I don’t believe in the superiority of any race, I don’t believe in racial equality either.  Such concepts are subjective based on location, community, and culture.

This is not a moral judgment or assessment of a group of people.  Unfortunately, the morlocks on the Left tend to make only value judgments when it comes to racial identity or any kind of identity for that matter.

So when you bring up the idea that gay men are largely hyper-sexual and destruction based on their own observed behavior, you are “homophobic” at best.

When you say that blacks in the US are more likely to commit crimes based on criminal statistics, you are racist, at best.

And when you believe that women would be better served staying home and raising children, you are sexist.

There is nothing wrong with breaking up into identities based on common community, race, culture, religion, or some combination of those things.  It is how people provide security, stability, and order with each other.

But if you happen to be a Christian, white, straight man like I am, well, you’re shit out of luck.