Monday, November 9, 2015

Oblivion Thought Processes

I wonder what it is that drives the thinking behind an atheist.  For all intents and purposes, they are a curious bunch to me as they tend to claim to be enlightened and rational, yet behave in a very irrational manner when it comes to all things Christian.

Now, there are atheists who do not acknowledge God yet respect Christians to a degree.  However, there are many who do not and some even go so far as to support Islam because of Islam’s opposition to Christianity.  Of course, they fail to realize that while Christianity spreads usually through peaceful means, Islamic evangelicalism is usually done with swords.

I know, the excuses that atheists make for disliking Christians vary.  From being irrational, which somehow is equated to evil in the atheist mind, to opposition to gays, atheists seem to have such a hatred for Christianity that it appears they are acting completely irrational.

Christianity in the West, especially in the United States, has not been perfect over the centuries.  There have been cases where madness overtook the Church, that is the community of believers, and it suffered in many ways as a result.

At the same, all of the grievances that most atheists have against Christians usually involve events that neither took place in their lifetime nor were any current Christians involved in.  A lot of times, it involves historical illiteracy as well, especially when it comes to the Crusades.

Look, I don’t care what you believe, provided your belief is honest and peaceful.  If you don’t believe in Jesus, I won’t try and reason you into conversion.  I’m no good at evangelism or simply spreading the Gospel to others.

The best thing I can do is witness to what I know.  I have experienced things which cannot be explained by science or any other rational discipline.  Whether you believe them or not is of no concern to me.

Besides, if I’m wrong, then my death will come and nothing else happens.  If the atheist is wrong, then he’s going to Hell.