Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The State vs. Cliven Bundy

I haven’t discussed the Bundy Ranch incident on my blog here because I just haven’t had the time.  In reality, I have been greatly concerned for the Bundy family and their well-being as I am sure now the Federal government wants them all dead a la Ruby Ridge or Waco.

And no, I am not joking when I say that.  What happened last week was nothing short of a humiliation for the Federal government and demonstrated that all that needs to happen to defeat tyranny is for a few good people to put their lives on the line.

When I first heard the story, I knew that the Feds’ claim about protecting turtles or tortoises was complete and utter horseshit.  I knew that there was something else going on.  That dirty money was being used to make certain friends richer at the expense of a rancher.

And lo and behold if Senator Harry Reid did not show his true colors once people really start looking into it.  It is clear that this is nothing short of cattle rustling being employed by a prominent United States senator and his wormy son.  A crime, by the way, which warranted the death penalty back in the day.

I don’t know Cliven Bundy.  I hardly know anything about his land, his way of life, or his ideals.  He could be a hardcore communist for all I care.  That doesn’t matter.  What matters is that it was his cattle and he was allowed to have them graze on that land longer than the Federal government has had nukes.

Suddenly, the Federal government decided that all of that land was theirs without so much as any compensation for the true owners, the ranchers of Nevada.  They then had the gall to charge them for using that land.

Such is the behavior of tyrants, not “public servants.”  Hell, even an enlightened despot would not do something like this.

This case illustrates why I believe that the Federal government should be completely disbanded, its assets seized, and all its leaders be exiled to Haiti.  They no longer operate on behalf of the American citizen but in spite of him or her.

I know that sounds extreme and a few years ago I would have argued that things can be fixed.  But they cannot.  The Federal government is too corrupt, too rotten, and too powerful to ever be fixed by the actions of a group of angels.  And since we are short on angels as it stands, I have my doubts that any man or group of men could do much better.

With each passing year, more laws, more mandates, more inflation, and more downright corruption appears.  And just when I thought it couldn’t get worse, it does.

It is high time we broke up the nation, dissolved the United States government, and had a peaceful divorce.  Of course, such things are never peaceful or pleasant for anyone.