Sunday, November 30, 2008

About That Gadget Under My Avatar

I was just staring at it and noticed it goes up about one million every minute or so. Can you imagine going into debt to the tune of one million dollars every minute? I can't.

By the way, for all those who buy government bonds, I don't think the government is going to be paying you back if you buy one now. Whoever is buying them should stop it right now. I know that a lot of foreign investors are buying them and we're going to be going to war soon because our nation won't be able to pay them back in a decade or so.

I've heard that when you count the unfunded liabilities, like Social Security and Medicare, than the national debt is closer to 80 trillion. I'll do us all a favor and not accept Social Security or Medicare when I finally decide to retire. But I don't think that puts a dent in that debt.