Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Tragic Death of Chris Kyle

While everyone in the United States will be enjoying the bread and circus known as the Super Bowl, I think most people will overlook the sudden and tragic death of Chris Kyle this weekend.  He was apparently murdered by another veteran who “apparently suffered from PTSD.”  I doubt that is the case, as I’m sure there is more to the story than a deranged veteran randomly killing Mr. Kyle.

Why do I post this?  Well, it is no secret that I’ve called Chris Kyle a lying sociopath in the past.  I am not apologizing for it and I still stand by what I wrote.

But I do not applaud the actions of his murderer.  My point of the original post was that human life is sacred and that for Chris Kyle to boast about killing men and women overseas and calling them sub-human was wrong.  He also was prone to telling tall tales, which got him into legal trouble with Jesse Ventura.  Now, I’m not a huge fan of Jesse Ventura (his greatest role was in Predator), but at the same time I am more inclined to believe Mr. Ventura’s side of the story only because Mr. Kyle told it when promoting a book.

But none of that really matters now.  Condolences to Mr. Kyle’s family as the mourn the loss of their patriarch.  He should have lived to 100, surrounded by 16 grandchildren and holding his wife’s hand as he passed away peacefully, not gunned down by a fellow veteran at a gun range.