Friday, November 19, 2021

Securing the Exemption

With Biden's vaccine mandates, I was forced to file a religious exemption with my employer.  I started by asking the HR office that they make an exception for me due to my private religious beliefs.  I was given a form to fill out after I sent the email.

The form had three questions which were basically, what are your beliefs, how do your beliefs interfere with the COVID vaccine, and is there any additional information you can provide.  HR also said I could provide a signed statement from a pastor or priest as well.

I didn't care much for asking my church to support me in this.  The thing about being a filthy protestant is that I tend to go to the source of my religion and not rely on institutional men whose whim change with the times.

In any case, I trusted in God to give me the wisdom I needed to fill out this form.

So for the first question, I simply stated that my beliefs were summed up in the Apostle's Creed and copied it to the form.

For the second question, I wrote that because all the vaccines were made from murdered babies, I cannot receive them as a matter of my faith and belief.  I included a credible link that backs up my claim.

For the third part, I simply quoted some sections from Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the EEOC manual.  This was remind HR that of what truly constituents religious beliefs under federal law and regulation.  I wasn't trying to threaten them, but to disarm any attempts that HR makes to question by beliefs, which has happened in other companies.

After submitting my form, HR got back to me a couple of days later saying that they had accepted my exemption request.

For that I am grateful.  My employer has been good to me, paying me well and giving me good work to do.  I have had no complaints about them.

On top of that, I've worked to make myself useful to my employer by doing more than just the work provided to me.  I won't go into details, but I done extra stuff that was designed to help other employees in the company, mostly of my own violation.  I'm not bragging about this, I'm just stating this as a fact and that this kind of thing will help your case when you have to go to HR with exemption forms.

Part of keeping your job is making yourself as indispensable to your employer as you possibly can.  My guess is that a lot of the people who have rejected exemptions are people who are highly expendable for the company they work for.

Now, I'm not saying that I have any kind of job security.  I'm not delusional and I am well aware that my employer could just fire me at any time.  But at the same time, I'm trying to give my employer a good reason to keep me around so that when hard decisions have to be made, they at least second guess a decision to get rid of me.

This is the advice I can provide most other people.  To be clear, I like my employer and I have had no problems working for them.  But I was more than willing to leave my job over this vaccine mandate.  Because I'm not getting the Mark of the Beast.