Monday, June 5, 2017

Pediatricians: My Mortal Enemy

I’ve had a lot of problems with pediatricians and I consider them to be some of the worse that the medical profession has to offer.

First of all, they always seem to be pushing vaccinations and always using scaremongering my wife and I about it.  One even said that we were putting my kid in danger for not getting all the vaccinations on the insane CDC schedule.

More than that, though, they are some of the most condescending doctors I’ve even had the pleasure of dealing with.

Every time we take our kids in for a check-up, they are constantly harping on us about what we are supposed to do with our kid.  Like make sure he sleeps through the night or what time he's supposed to go to bed.

Like I’m fucking five myself and don’t know how to raise a kid properly.

On top of that, they seem to be very disconnected from science.  I saw a picture on the wall of an examination room where they claimed that there is five times as much mercury in breast milk than in a vaccine.  Somehow, I think it’s lost on these idiots the difference between ingesting something and injecting it into your bloodstream.

Injecting beer into your blood, for example, can kill you where as merely drinking it doesn’t.  Notice the difference there?

I think what is most frustrating is that I have a higher than average IQ, so I can understand and comprehend many of the things the doctors are talking about.  I don’t have a medical degree, but the concepts aren’t hard to grasp for me.

But still I’m treated like a dumb ass and I always feel like the doctor is there more to berate me for my parenting decisions than actually help me monitor the health of my child.