Nobody really ever wants to get divorced. Well, statistically speaking, most husbands don’t want to get divorced as anywhere from 60% to 90% of all divorces are initiated by wives. But it can happen to just about any man, regardless of whether or not you have a stable marriage.
The only real solution is to have plan of some kind. Some procedure you can implement in case of a divorce. And it has to be one that is well-thought out. Here are some of my suggestions:
- If your wife ever threatens divorce, call her bluff. If she begins to execute divorce proceedings, then you were headed in that direction anyway. Women will often times focus their primary emotion into some kind of weird mission. If it happens to be hatred for her husband, then it will lead to divorce. You cannot stop her. Don’t try.
- Fight for your children. Just because she has given up on your marriage and you have given up on it as well doesn’t mean you get to let her stomp all over you with your children. If you have them, fight for full custody. A divorce is basically a contract renegotiation. Don’t be afraid to aim for the moon on this. Concede nothing to her until she provides a favorable deal for you. Remember, the goal her is not to deprive her of children who are just as much hers as they are yours, but to ensure that she doesn’t use them against you.
- Don’t be afraid to call her out in court and meetings. If you have documented any misbehavior, from child neglect to adultery, use it against her. She would do the same to you in a heartbeat. You are not married anymore. This is the concept of leverage.
- Do your best to not have any child support or alimony payments. Use any form or rhetoric or blackmail you can against her to stop this. We live in a modern (or post-modern or post-post-modern) age where women are supposed to be strong and independent. What kind of strong and independent woman demands alimony and child support? One who is incapable of taking care of herself and her children.
- Do not hook up with her at all during the proceedings. Sometimes women will use their sexuality to gain an advantage. There is a reason that prostitution is the world’s oldest profession. Women trade their sex for goods and services with men. The prostitute just happens to be more honest about it.
- Once separation has begun, document every interaction you have with your spouse. Even small talk.
- If she makes any claims of abuse, demand documented proof. Hold the judge’s feet to the fire if they believe her. Have your lawyer find a new venue if necessary. Fire your lawyer if he or she is unable to work around this.
- If you have a prenup, make sure she sticks to it. Women these days are always looking for ways around it by claiming things like signing it under duress and other nonsense. Like they lack any sense of self-awareness or moral agency.
- Finally, meet up with men who have been divorced online. They will probably have loads of advice and things to avoid or do when getting divorced.
I don’t plan on getting divorced. But that’s me. My wife could suddenly change her mind and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. I will not grovel at her feet to stay with me. I’m better than her and if I get divorced from her, I will come out on top with a better life.
So don’t be afraid of it. Make a plan and stick to it. Because disaster preparedness is always a necessary thing.