Monday, March 17, 2014

Snow Day

Another snow day.

A couple of days ago, it was 60 degrees outside and sunny.  A nice late winter, early spring day.  And yesterday night the snow hit.  There are about six inches on the ground outside.

It’s hard because the area I live is used to mainly cold temperatures and the occasional couple of inches of snow or some ice.  This winter I’ve seen three snow storms that have buried our communities.

The thing about snow days is that they interfere with my lifestyle.  Usually I wake up, exercise, shower, get breakfast, go to work, come home, eat dinner, and go to bed.  Well, that’s the basics anyway.

But now I can’t go exercise because there’s snow and ice everywhere.  So already I’m a bit off in my day.  Exercise has become a major staple in my life and not getting any really puts a kink in my day.

And then I have to work from home.  It isn’t so bad except I have a young son who adores me and I have to isolate myself from him in order to get work done.  And then my wife wants to get things done around the house, which means more distractions.  I live in a small two bedroom condo, you see, and there isn’t a lot of places I can go for isolation these days.

Being an introvert, this is a big deal.

Anyway, the day is almost over.  My car has been cleaned off and the roads look good to drive on again.

Tomorrow should be better.