Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bible Mocking?

This does not mock the Bible:

(Here's the link in case the video does not load)

I don’t care what you think, this is pretty funny to me.  If anything, it demonstrates the imbecility of feminism.  If you find Eve to be offensive and annoying, then I’m sure you got the point of the skit.

But some Christians are having trouble with this concept.  The article in question mocks Dunham’s lackluster SNL hosting episode.  Frankly, I think it’s pathetic really.  Seriously, if you were offended by that, then you just uptight, not righteous.

Hell, I think this a humorous way to tell the Adam and Eve story in a modern narrative.  Eve is an upstart who disobeys her husband, questions God’s commands, and takes bad advice from a snake.  Sounds about right to me.

I think fellow believers need to stop hand-wringing over petty things like this.  There are much larger, darker things out that we need to combat.  It is cowardly to complain about minor things that non-believers do while ignoring the real threat to us.