Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Desmond Tutu's Pride and Fall

I've never cared for South Africa. I wasn't born there, I've never had any relatives from there, and I never plan on going there. As far as I'm concerned, the United States has enough problems of its own for me to be overly concerned with that nation. I did enjoy the movie District 9 however.

Beyond that, though, the struggles of the people there is far from my mind. Yet when I heard that former Anglican Primate Desmond Tutu stated that he'd rather go to Hell than worship a "homophobic" God, I've begun to understand why their country is so messed up.

In a country that clearly needs moral guidance with whites and blacks killing each other for no good reason, we have the moral and spiritual leader of that nation complaining about God's policies regarding what is an abomination to Him and what is holy and sacred. His statement alone is Satanic in nature and harkens to Milton's Paradise Lost where Lucifer states, "Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

This particular declaration hits home because I am a member of the Anglican Church here in the US, where we have broken away from the Episcopal Church due it's own acceptance of homosexuality and declaring that there is no such thing as evil (unless you're a white, heterosexual male with one wife and no aborted children). We have lost historical churches to degenerate, wicked men and women whose only desire is to pervert the world of God to fit their own ends.

Desmond Tutu's own words demonstrate the arrogance and pride of the modern Western churches who accept that what is, and always has been, an abomination in God's own eyes. While this is not a new idea, it is certainly a destructive one, especially coming from a man with so much influence.

The sad thing is, he could be encouraging his own people to not act so savagely against the former white oppressors. Instead he has chosen to focus on issues that ultimately are unimportant in a country that is overrun with racist violence. After all, when you include the entirety of the LGBT group, you'll only get about 3% of the population. In the United States, for example, there are roughly 9 million LGBT people in a population of 310 million.

Personally, I think that the gay lifestyle is one of sin and self-loathing. It is clear that they seek to justify their lifestyle with the rest of us by constantly bringing it up in politics and by constantly saturating the entertainment industry with it. It is so bad that most people think that there are more gays than there actually are. I feel anger at what they are doing and at the same time I feel pity for how pathetic they truly are as people.

Yes, I am aware that not all LGBT people are like this. At the same time, though, I have no hostility toward any of them beyond the usual I reserve for political tyrants. I am an individualists, for the most part, and I do not harbor ill will to those who do not seek harm against me or my family.

All that aside, Desmond Tutu demonstrates his foolishness for all to see. It is clear that this is a man who more interested in gaining the praises of man than the blessings of the God he claims to serve. The sad thing is, he may well go to Hell for his challenge as I don't see God answering him from a whirlwind anytime soon.