Thursday, September 11, 2014

Why I Am Not a MRA

I am not a Men’s Rights Advocate or MRA.  Despite my many writings where I have been critical of the role of modern women in Western civilization, I cannot claim that label.

One reason is that I don’t like to take on labels in general, mostly because I am an individualist and I don’t like being pigeonholed.  Once you tell someone that you are a libertarian or a progressive, there are many automatic assumptions placed on you.  Many of these assumptions are usually based on stereotypes, bad information, and sometimes the true nature of your views.

But that’s a more superficial reason.  I don’t mean to be mysterious; I’m just not that much of a joiner.

The other reason is because I don’t believe in equality, at least in the sense that most Americans have been conditioned to believe in it.  Everyone is unique and different.  As a group, women behave much differently than men.  It is an observable scientific fact.

So because women will behave differently than men in almost all aspects of life, we cannot exactly strive for equality, can we?  This is one of the reasons why I believe that women’s suffrage was a mistake.  Women do not vote in a responsible manner, more so than men.  While men can be stupid about voting, it is women who are constantly voting to promote envy of various varieties.

That aside, I think that many in the MRA movement often behave as if equality is a fact.  That everyone should be equal before the law and they often use this rhetoric to fight the feminists, who claim to want equality but rarely ever act like it.  And while I believe that the current leaders of the MRA movement are genuine in their beliefs, it is a misguided belief.

Now, I do believe that justice should not consider age, race, or sex when passing judgment on others.  Remember that woman who drove her van into the ocean a few months back?  I said she should’ve been charged with three counts of attempted murder, much to the chagrin of female acquaintances.  So I do think that when it comes to matters of crime, we should be equal before the law.

I just can’t be a part of an ideology that preaches something I don’t believe in.  I don’t believe that men and women are equal and I do believe that they should be treated differently by our society because they perform different functions biologically.

That being said, I do applaud their efforts to raise awareness on several issues like the true aggressors of child abuse and the sick, messed up system that passes for family courts.  I think it is also important to point out that men are targets of the State more so than women and that they are treated much differently.

But I believe that these issues will be dealt with in time, and not necessarily because of the MRA movement.  I see many of these issues being done away with because of their inherent destructive nature.

Ultimately, though, I just don’t see myself as advocating what they advocate overall because I can’t agree with their premises.